Happy New Year! I am Ikegami from SNS Pirika develop team.
How did you spend your New Year's holidays?
It is still winter in some area, so I hope that you will take good care of yourselves 🍃
Thank you for your continued support with Pirika in 2023!
As our first blog post of the year, we are pleased to announce the release of a new feature✨
Grouping posts in timeline for iOS/Android (Version 5.8.0) have been released today!
Previously, when one user posts continuously, your timeline would fill up with his/her posts.
On the other hand, we have received a number of feedbacks that "when the timeline is filled with posts by one user, it is difficult to see other users' posts."
We welcome a wide variety of posts as long as they has correct records of the litter pickup activities.
We recommend to combine several activities into one posts, but we also accept continous posts.
Please make sure your posts are always related to cleaning up litter
All posts in Pirika should include a record of cleanup activities. Pirika welcomes personal stories and heartwarming photos, as long as they are related to cleanup activities.
One cleanup, one post
In order to maximize efficiency in cleanup and opportunities to connect with other users, we recommend putting one cleanup activity into one post. You can post up to 8 photos, including multiple pieces of litter in one post.
(cited from Pirika Community Guidelines)
With the new "Grouping posts" feature, when multiple posts are created by the same account within a short period, the posts will automatically be grouped into a single post!
This allows those who prefer to make each post for each litter to keep their posting style as before, and at same time, the timeline become simple and easy to use for all users.
Thankfully, the number of users is growing in Pirika.
That means, of course, not only increasing the diversity of users, but also the variety of posting styles.
We want to respect all usage styles rather than making strict rules.
Also, we want to cherish our lovely community which people can connect each other by
picking up litter from now on.
We believe that this new timeline will achieve both of these desires ✨
How to use the feature
※ This is common for iOS and Android.
Summary: When continuous posts are created by one account within a certain period of time, the most recent post becomes the parent post and the earlier posts are grouped as children posts.
How to show all posts:
- a "∨" mark will appear in the lower right corner of the parent post.
- Tap the "∨" mark to load and expand the child posts.
- If it has more than 20 posts, tap the "∨" mark to expand the post and scroll to the bottom of the grouped post, then"More" button will be displaed. Tap the "More" button to load more posts.
- If you want to close (fold) grouped posts, tap the "∧" mark at the same location where the "∨" mark is placed.
How to update App
If you have not set up or turn off automatic updates, please follow the steps below to update your application.
Reprinted from the official Apple website.
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to see pending updates and release notes. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All.
Reprinted from the official Google website.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & device. Apps with an update available are labeled "Update available."
- Tap Update.
We, develop team will improve our application more and offer better user experience to you.
We hope you'll be looking forward to future new releases :)✨